Digital Tutors – Animating with Props in MotionBuilder 2013
English | 1h 09m | AVC 1280×720 25 fps | MP3 128 Kbps 44.1 KHz | 735 MB
Genre: eLearning | Level: Intermediate
In this set of MotionBuilder tutorials we will learn how to animate props inside of MotionBuilder.
We’ll start by learning how to work with MotionBuilder’s animation layering system to alter the character’s performance in order for it naturally interact with our prop.
We’ll then learn how to seamlessly attach the prop to the character, and then how to make the prop a rigid body so that it can fall naturally as the character let’s go of the object. We’ll also learn how to bake and export the entire animation from MotionBuilder for use in other software.
By the end of this set of lessons, you’ll be equipped with the skill-set needed to confidently animate character interactions with props in MotionBuilder
1. Introduction and project overview
2. A look at our assets and how to approach animating with props
3. Animating the character preparing to interact with the prop
4. Animating the character’s hand
5. Attaching the prop to the character
6. Finalizing the arm
7. Using the Physics Solver to have the prop fall from the character’s hand
8. Baking the animation of the prop
9. Export our props
10. Exporting the character’s performance
11. Importing our FBX files into 3ds Max